The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
American University of Nigeria (AUN), sub awardees to Creative Associates on the USAID Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) To Read Activity, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coaching and Mentoring Advisor (CMA)
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s premier development University. Since 2006, AUN faculty and staff have been researching and developing solutions to development and humanitarian challenges faced by Nigeria.
- As part of this focus, AUN is a sub-partner to Creative Associates International on the USAID-funded five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) to Read Activity in Bauchi and Sokoto states
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and the select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and “On-demand technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) to Read project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second-grade pupils.
- Work with state governments and other stakehei ders te map and review existing education policy frameworks, especialy focused on primary schooling access, instruction quality, and management
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver coaching activities in content and program areas.
- Develop strategic methods to improve instructional support for pupils.
- Design training that assists teachers in meeting data-driven, collaboratively determined goals.
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Education required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least six years of general work experience, with at least four years in a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context.
- At least three years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff required.
- At least five years of relevant technical experience working with activities of a similar scope to this activity.
- Prior experience with the development of early grade literacy materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA, preferred.
- At least five years of technical experience in developing and implementing TPD plans and results-based management
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization Implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is highly desired, and advanced proficiency is required.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a file comprising of their Cover Letter & detailed CV including relevant experience) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.