At TalentSquare (RC 1453480), we help to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are potential leaders in various fields as well as emerging specializations. We are champions of great organization culture and values, partnering with key business owners or hiring managers to help them build their organizations. Whether consulting for clients on how to build their teams, recruiting the right people, managing talents or developing programs for them, we are exceptionally focused on putting people (talent) first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help our client’s understand how people are important to their business performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- To ensure overall strategic management of the company and provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
- The CFO will be responsible for optimizing the financial performance of the company, including its reporting, liquidity, and return on investments. It will ensure effective planning, implementation, managing and running of the company’s financial activities, including business reporting, business planning, budgeting, tax management, conducting financial modeling to forecast the company’s financial performance, advising on best business strategies and benchmarking financial activities with international standards, best practices and industry trends as well as maintaining investors’ relations and partnership compliance.
- Overseeing the Company’s strategic direction and management of the finance, budget and accounting functions of the organization
- To develop financial strategies to optimize value for all stakeholders.
- To provide strategic recommendations to the Board of Directors, CEO/Managing Director
- To provide financial insight in order to assist in formulating and executing the business strategy for the company
- To develop and ensure effective Service Level Agreement with all third party relationships associated with Finance and Accounts functions.
- Providing an adequate platform for accountability within the company.
- Managing lenders, bankers, shareholders and investors relationships.
- To provide a monthly report of sources and utilization of funds for the company
- Manage capital requirements; communicate capital requirements/implications of business decisions to CEO and BOD
- Preparing and presenting proposals to potential lenders, venture capital, bankers, and equity financiers.
- Identifying sources of funds and funding requirements (On-shore and Off-shore).
- Securing facility that meets business requirements.
- Overall reduction in the cost of funds and costs associated with doing business.
- Developing an effective cash flow management strategy and executing the same.
- Managing local and foreign supplier relationships to ensure optimum value
- Preparation and presentation of an annual budget.
- Optimization of company assets to generate revenue
- Any other duties deem fit to contribute to the effective and efficient running of the company goal.
Accounts and Taxes functions:
- Managing external auditors’ and tax consultant relationships.
- Assisting to ensure that financial reports meet the standards set by regulatory bodies.
- Implement the same account package across the group
- To ensure financial reporting compliance within the timeline set by the regulatory bodies
- To ensure accurate management reporting across the group
- To file all necessary returns as specified by the regulatory bodies.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline.
- Professional certification in Accounting.
- Minimum of ten (10) years cognate work experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Business acumen, strong analytical skills, and good managerial skills
- Demonstrate understanding of Real Estate financing and have capabilities to raise funds for Real Estate projects
- Strong knowledge of business valuation and skilled in fundraising
- Technical competence in financial analysis and interpretation, financial management and corporate finance, tax management, IT systems. Accounting Applications and packages
- Strong relationship management skills especially in dealing with investors, regulators, and other stakeholders
- Sound knowledge and working experience of IFRS Accounting, NSE, SEC, etc.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online