The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the Premier Chamber of Commerce in Nigeria. It was incorporated in 1950 as a non-profit making organization, Limited by Guarantee under the Companies Act of 1948. The primary objective of the Chamber is to promote, support or oppose legislative or other measures affecting trade, industry, commerce and agriculture as well as representing the opinion of the business community on the above matters in particular, and the economy as a whole.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
About the job
- A highly respected and foremost membership base organisation providing International and Public Sector Relations, Research and advocacy services, specialized exhibitions and consulting services is sourcing for a seasoned Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in providing leadership for the organisation.
- Ensure the prominence and visibility of the organisation as the voice of the business community within the framework of the advocacy activities of the chamber.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with relevant government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs), local authorities, key decisions makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the organization is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Targets and initiates business partnerships with other organizations and companies.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
- Ability to initiate and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the organization to ensure that the best possible programs and services are provided to members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Management Science, Management or Humanities or its equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualifications is required.
- Relevant Master’s degree such as MBA, M.Sc., MA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 22 years cognate experience with at least 12years in an Executive level of a reputable organization.
- Statistic and Business Reports: Must be able to evaluate statistical reports and other business reports.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, change and risk management.
- Proficient in ERP and other relevant software.
Required Competencies / Person’s Specification:
- Proven ability to drive strategy execution and lead transformational initiative with clear outcomes.
- Ability to articulate and led compelling vison and values.
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable quality, timely, and cost effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established control systems and rules.
- Makes well informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Proven experience of strong business performance history.
- Ability to display a holistic innovative leadership style and drive the mindset required across levels.
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and think outside of the box.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Qualification BA/BSC