Big Field Digital isone of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Nigeria. We are building a passionate and productive team, working together on various challenging and exciting projects. We believe that we can become the #1 digital agency in Nigeria and one of the top agencies in Africa within a few years from now.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development / Fundraising Manager
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Manager, Fundraising and Business Development will lead the institutional fundraising efforts for Dream Nurture Initiative.
- S/He will develop a strong funding pipeline to sustain and grow DNI flagship programs,the dream catchers academy.
- S/He will lead the proposal submission process from start to finish, taking responsibility for all content and inputs from various internal stakeholders to the point of handover to the grants manager, who will ensure submission of timely and accurate reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop Fundraising Strategy and Implement the Plan
- Work with the Director, and other stakeholders to agree on targets, strategies and tactics for fundraising from bi-lateral donors, multi-lateral donors, corporate foundations and private foundations.
- Develop and refine fundraising process, defining activities, responsibilities and key milestones.
- Work with program leaders to brainstorm, discuss, develop and summarize project ideas for funding and provide input into project outline documents.
Research and Identify Opportunities:
- Research funding sources in the form of grants, loans, investments or prizes.
- Conduct initial screening and assessment of opportunities against project ideas.
- Present recommendations of go/no-go decision for each funding opportunity.
- Keep Salesforce continually updated with correspondence, notes from calls, contact information, links to proposals, amounts requested, likelihood of acquisition, follow up dates and next steps.
- Keep up to date with donor trends and latest research. Serve as point of contact for donors.
Proposal Development and Relationship Cultivation:
- Manage proposal development process,assign tasks and deadlines to leadership. Ensure feedback is received, and the proposal is iterated, finalized, and submitted on time.
- Develop proposal and budget according to proposal guidelines, undertaking further research into the funder’s priorities and drawing insight from types of projects funded in the past.
- Take the lead in writing compelling proposals with clear narrative, logical structure and emphasis according to donor priorities.
- Network with potential funders through personal connections or introductions, seeking to learn more about the funder’s priorities, how proposals are reviewed and decisions are made.
- Develop annual budget for fundraising activities.
- Monitor expenditure and adhere to approved budget.
- Monitor and track fundraising performance against annual KPIs.
- Communicate DNI values of evidence-based decision making, cost-effectiveness, and transparency to internal and external stakeholders.
- Key performance Indicators.
- Raise millions in grant funding per year..
- Grow pipeline of funders.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, International Relations, Social sciences or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a fundraising role and working with a non profit organization.
- Proven experience in securing multi-million dollar grants from bilateral and/or multi-lateral donors, corporates, foundations and/or major donors, through complex application processes, including log-frame design and development with detailed budgets.
- Knowledge of donor trends, sustainable development goals, rules and regulations of major donors such as USAID and DFID, major players and consortiums.
- Proven experience developing budgets and proposals, working with teams across different cultures and time zones.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an excellent ability to conduct face-to-face meetings or Skype calls,zoom and present to large or small audiences.
- Excellent networking skills, able to cultivate relationships at all levels of seniority.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.