Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State commenced academic activities on 2nd April, 2008. The University has matriculated 15 sets of students and graduated 11 sets of ‘Achievers’ who are making their marks in all spheres of human endeavours. The University now fully operates at its permanent site at Km 1, Idasen-Ute Road, Owo, Ondo State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Owo, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University.
- He/she is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- The holder of the Office of Bursar should be able to coordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s financial management plans.
- He/she should also be able to coordinate the preparation of working budget, income and expenditure control, statement of financial position, cash flow estimates.
- The Bursar shall ensure that accurate financial records of assets and liabilities held by the University are maintained as well as monitor monthly income, expenditure and statement of financial positions against the budget.
- He/she is expected to provide the University Management and Council with appropriate advice on the institution’s financial transactions such as fund management, planning, proposals, preparations, source of external funding and their requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant should possess a good First Degree or its equivalent from a recognized university and must, in addition, be a member of any of the following professional bodies: ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, ACMA
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Possession of master’s degree in a relevant programme will be an added advantage.
- He/she must have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar in a recognized University.
- The candidate must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- He/she must be sound physically and mentally so as to be able to perform all the duties assigned to him/her by the extant laws of the University and as may be directed by the University Council and the Vice-Chancellor.
- Candidates for the post of Bursar shall be visionary and have the ability to provide leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are as determined by the Governing Council of Achievers University from time to time and favourably compare with those of other private and public universities in Nigeria.
- The Bursar shall be appointed by the Council for a period of four years in the first instance and on such terms and conditions as specified in his letter of appointment, and, upon satisfactory performance, may be eligible for renewal of appointment for another period of four years only.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 10 hard copies of their Applications along with Curriculum Vitae, Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees, including copies of their Credentials to:
P.M.B. 1030, Owo,
- Applicants should request their referees to forward their references directly to the same address above.
- For further information, please contact Tel: 08033746527 or email: email@example.com.