Trust Television Network, an independent broadcasting outfit from the stables of Media Trust Limited, the publishers of the widely circulated Daily Trust and its sister titles.
We seek qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bulletin / Programme Editor
- To work on all aspects of programme production including editing, templated graphics, and script writing.
- This role also includes being present in the gallery for transmission to time the programmes and monitor breaking stories.
- The Editor will collaborate with various departments for coverage needs.
- Participate in the editorial meeting and propose ideas on what news stories need more coverage and content development.
- Discuss ideas with the news teams and producers and decide on stories to be presented for the day. Approve guests and follows up with producers to contact guests and book studio time.
- Report and produce from the field, manage and motivate team, and originate and develop news and strands.
- Write scripts, headlines, promos and main pages in bulletins, openings and closings for programs/ reports and edit videos for stories to be presented.
- Direct the broadcasting crew during the shift.
- Follow up on presenters, directors, producers, production coordinator and the floor manager to ensure daily plan is executed during the broadcasting shift assigned.
- B.Sc / HND and at least 3 years working experience as an output editor
- Knowledge and experience of news and current affairs
- Outputting live and pre-recorded programmes
- Attention to detail, scrupulous checking of facts
- Cheerful positive thinker who is well organised
- Experience of Avid beneficial but not essential
- High quality news judgement, with initiative
- Visual flair for spotting strong pictures and producing graphics
- Excellent writing ability Technical adaptability and flexibility
- Good interpersonal skills; a team player with personal authority and the ability to manage a group of people
- Calm under pressure with the ability to adapt and be flexible in task and role
- Ability to work to a deadline.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.