Gokada is the future of transportation in Nigeria starting with two-wheeler taxi-motor bikes (Okada’s) ride-hailing. We are staying true to two things as a transportation company: safety is #1 priority and the city is #1 customer. Our vision is to become the Operating System of cities for mobility, on-demand services, and financial services, by driving social and economic inclusion. Our purpose is: how can we make cities more livable?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- We are looking for a Back-End Software Engineer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Generate recyclable code libraries
- Implement ongoing security systems
- Attend regular information-sharing meetings with the front end engineers on your scrum team to expose weaknesses and problems
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage
- Configure usability of all front side applications
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
- Keep a backup library before any large changes to server
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and system administrators
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies.
- 3+ years of experience as a Back-end developer
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Very sound understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and its applicability in Microservices
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Tech Savvy.
- Excellent Communication.
- Meaningful Rewards: Competitive base pay, Flexible Leave Plan, Health Insurance, Training & Skills Development
- Meaningful Work: Your role at Gokada will directly contribute to improving the livelihoods of many Africans
- Personal Growth: Opportunity to leave your mark on one of the fastest-growing organizations in Africa
- The Best Team: Work with a motivated and talented team who have a common shared vision.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online