ECLAT HR Consulting – Our client, a Legal Firm, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Lawyer (NYSC)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Department: Corporate / Commercial
Reports To: Team Lead
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Reports to the team lead/ unit head in charge.
- Carry out assigned daily corporate tasks.
- Ability to handle mergers and acquisition.
- Perform due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Research and analyze the law on complex issues and writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer in the firm.
- Analyze and summarize complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents.
- Interview witnesses, work with paralegals to sort out legal research and find relevant casework or filing documents with the court or opposing counsel.
- Prepare briefs and write articles in line with the projections and modern legal trends.
- Analyze legal issues and proffer solutions in line with the law.
- Work with the Litigation and Corporate Department.
- Registration of businesses.
- Research legal authorities.
- Handle routine client enquiries and communication.
- Collate of matter start and matter completion data and prepare all claims cost.
- Investigate facts for a related matter.
- Draft and review court pleadings as well as other legal documents (loans, pledges, share purchase agreements, escrow agreements, resolutions etc.).
- Ensure legal obligations are met at all times.
- Handle client’s complaints and concerns on legal matters.
- Contribute to business development ideas by conducting thorough research on top class law firms.
- Source for client and briefs for the firm.
Education and Work Experience
- LLB – University degree in law – (2.1 Minimum).
- B.L – Law school certificate (2.1 Minimum).
- 0 – 1 year post- call experience.
- Should currently be a youth Corp member or just finished NYSC.
- Must reside in Abuja
- Must be able to draft reports
- Must know how to carry out legal research.
- Strong computer literacy
- Attention to details and procedures.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with clients directly.
- Familiar with administrative software
- Strong reporting skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service with a client focus
- Effective team player
- Flexible to work weekends and overtime where required.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.