Control Risks exists to make our clients succeed. We are a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organisations in an age of ever-changing risk.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Category: Compliance, Forensics & Intelligence
- This role is responsible for developing prospects and clients for our business intelligence, political risk and due diligence services; managing and delivering our more complicated business intelligence and political risk engagements in Nigeria and other West African jurisdictions; and developing our network of sources and contacts.
- The position has utilisation and sales origination targets.
The position’s core responsibilities are:
- Identifying prospects for business intelligence, political risk and due diligence services in Nigeria and West Africa more broadly (including with entirely new clients and existing clients of Control Risks that are buyers of other services) and building marketing campaigns to engage them.
- Managing relationships with clients that are significant buyers of due diligence, political risk and business intelligence in Nigeria. Understanding our client’s requirements and acting as a trusted adviser
- Developing our products and deliverables in response to client feedback to account for local market conditions.
- Scoping, managing and delivering more complicated political risk consulting and business intelligence cases in Nigeria and, dependent on the candidate’s experience, in other jurisdictions in West Africa.
- Managing and developing an inclusive, collaborative and high performing team in Nigeria and other offices.
Client Management and Business Development:
- Identify and secure new client relationships through pro-active business development efforts in Nigeria and other West African markets.
- Closely manage existing clients in Nigeria that are regular consumers of business intelligence, political risk, and due diligence, and grow these relationships for other services offered by Control Risks.
Collaborate with other regional business intelligence teams on global business development initiatives
Regular engagement with clients to understand how their business intelligence, political risk, and due diligence requirements are evolving, and ensure this is fed into discussions about products and services we are developing.
Case and Project Work:
- Ensure proposals focus on our clients’ requirements and our ability to meet them, and that our proposals stay ahead of the market by incorporating clients’ feedback and service innovation
- Lead more complicated business intelligence and political risk projects in Nigeria and West Africa, and multi-jurisdictional projects that stretch beyond this region
- Develop and manage our source and subcontractor network in Nigeria and West Africa.
Team Management and Working Culture:
- Foster an inclusive, collaborative environment between practice areas, offices and regions
- Ensure that pricing, margins and value are understood in the team to ensure we capture lower and higher margin opportunities
- Identify skills gaps in the team and address this through recruitment and/ or training alongside other colleagues
- Set appropriate and consistent objectives for team members of different seniority.
- Delivering complicated due diligence, political risk, and business intelligence services, either in an in-house or consulting role for one or more of the following types of organisation in Nigeria: private markets investors and their legal advisors, disputes and litigation counsel, and government affairs or legal and compliance teams in multinational corporates
- Sustaining trusted advisor relationships with senior-decision makers within these types of organisation, with a strong network in the Nigerian business community including potential buyers of Control Risks’ political risk and business intelligence offering
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting
- Identifying and growing new client relationships, or being an experienced in-house advisor to senior decision-makers
- Demonstrating in-depth knowledge and understanding of business, economic and political trends in Nigeria and West Africa more broadly.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online