The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer Protocol, Supply Chain and Logistics (PCT)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The officer is based in Maiduguri, Borno, and reports to the Chief of Party, the Officer will be responsible for managing routine administrative and support services for the smooth running of the office.
- He will provide excellent logistics and protocol for the project and ensure that resources are efficiently utilized and operational costs are reduced.
- He/S will implement and manage an effective system for transport and logistics in the School.
- Ensure efficient use of drivers and pool vehicles. Responsible for arranging airport pick-ups, processing of vehicle papers, toll gate, overtime, and per diem. Keeping and updating required records and reports.
- Suggest new vendors while managing existing relationships with service providers and develop and implement proposals for service improvement.
- The Officer will also provide a liaison for the processing of visas and travel documents for staff on official trips, responsible for the processing of flight tickets in line with policy and processing payments, and follow up with Accounts on all payments.
- A minimum of a University Degree or its equivalent in any related field with a minimum of 3-5 years’ administrative/logistics experience in managing service providers and travel desks will be an advantage.
- Professional certification in a related field will be an added advantage, Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, organizing and planning skills, team leadership, and flexibility to work schedule.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, a file comprising of their Cover Letter (addressing the candidate’s interest in the job, why he/she is a good fit, and his program-development and administration philosophies) & detailed CV including relevant experience) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.