The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria (AUN), sub partner AHNI, the prime implementer of the five years U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) Project in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe States, invites applications from qualified Nigerians to implement this project in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, AMERL
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Slots: 2 Openings
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s premier development University. Since 2006, AUN faculty and staff have been researching and developing solutions to development and humanitarian challenges faced by Nigeria. As part of this focus, AUN is a sub-partner to AHNI on the USAID-funded five-year ACE project in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe states.
- Funded by the USAID and in close partnership with federal partners and the select Nigeria States (Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe), the five-year project on Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria will support the delivery of high impact HIV preventive, care and support services to populations in the Northeast of Nigeria.
- The Assistant Technical Officer, AMERL, under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer, and with the support of the Technical Officers will support all M&E operations within the state and local partners at facility and community levels.
- The ATO-AMERL will provide support for data management processes, implementation science, quality assurance and improvement, data use, and knowledge management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to sites and local partners in the state to provide quality HIV-TB services, including data management.
- In liaison with the project’s office, STA M&E and STA PCT support the LPs and provide guidance on community / hotspot selection for targeted interventions.
- Support routine data validation processes and reporting.
- Conduct deep-dive analysis and develop data visualization models and forecasting to inform program strategies
- Support the deployment of electronic medical records, data management packages, and relevant tools to facilitate M&E activities in the facility
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools
- On a monthly basis, analyze state-level data and provide approved reports to State Office,
- National Office, and local partners or other relevant parties.
- Represents the M&E unit at various technical meetings as assigned
- Support the documentation of lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to donor’s guidelines and standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / Ph.D. or similar Degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation with at least one-year relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Or BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring, and evaluation or in relevant Degree with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically
- Post NYSC graduate with a degree in Statistics, public health, or any related discipline
- will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among
- project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision
- A high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a file comprising of their Cover Letter addressing the candidate’s interest in the job, why he/she is a good fit, and his program-development and administration philosophies & a detailed CV including relevant experience) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.