Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Job Number: 22188856
Location: Four Points by Sheraton Ikot Ekpene, Raffia City Plaza, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
- Position responsible for assigned food and beverage/culinary operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals.
Core Work Activities
Assisting in Food and Beverage Operations:
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee’s concerns.
- Uses coaching skills throughout the property.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns.
- Understands the brand’s service culture.
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Follows up to ensure complaints have been addressed to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Develops a relationship with all guests to build repeated clientele internally and externally.
Additional Responsibilities as Assigned:
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Assists GM as needed with annual Quality audit.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year Degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online