ACTED has been committedsince 1993, to immediate humanitarianreliefto support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staffare dedicatedto implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Area Coordinator, Nigeria
Reference Code: AC/NIA
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Fixed term | 12 months | ASAP
You will be in charge of:
- The Area Coordinator is responsible for representing ACTED`s interests with local authorities, donors, beneficiary communities and other key stakeholders.
- The Area Coordinator is member of the senior management team and works to ensure program quality and operational implementation, as well as growth where appropriate and feasible, and strong representation.
- The Area Coordinator directly supervises Project Managers ensuring that projects and programs address beneficiary needs and are implemented according to ACTED’s global strategy, donor guidelines, approved work plans and budgets.
- The Area Coordinator also oversees day-to-day operations and security in the respective area.
- Context analysis
- Strategy Implementation
- Networking, positioning and general representation:
- Proposal development
- Promotion of ACTED network
Management and Internal Coordination:
- Staff Management
- Internal Coordination
Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Project Implementation Tracking
- Project Quality Control
- Partner Management
- Finance Management
- Logistics & IT Management
- Administration and HR Management
- Transparency/Compliance Management
- Security Management
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- University Education in a relevant field such as International Development, Emergency Operations, Humanitarian Programming, Technical Degree in Camp Management, or the like.
- Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development programmes.
- Base management skills preferred (HR, Finance, Logistcis);
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience, preferably including security management.
- Proven capabilities in leadership and team management required;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms.
- Salary between 3100 and 3500€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (CV and Letter of Motivation) to: email@example.com using the Reference “AC/NIA” as the subject of the email.
Note: ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.