Menzon Limited – Our client, a player in the Agricultural industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist / Farm Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plan and coordinate farming operation planting, cultivating, harvesting and storage of crops on large farms.
- Recommend new or replacement plantings, changes in crop mix and/or cultural practices where necessary.
- Ensure availability of seed, pesticides, fertilizer and other supplies required for farm operations.
- Assist with recruitment, training and management of farm staff.
- Ensure farming operations complies with government regulations and health and safety standards.
- Organise maintenance, repair or replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Keep detailed records on farm operations and prepare budgets and reports.
- Ensure financial targets are met and farm is profitable.
- Assist with marketing and sales of farm produce.
- Keep abreast of developments in agriculture.
- Any other assigned responsibility related to agronomy and/or farm operations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Crop Science, Crop Production, Agronomy, Agriculture or directly related field.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience in a large-scale crop production environment (Experience working with known brands is an added advantage.)
- Knowledge of crop production under dry and wet season conditions, soil adaptation, chemical application, pest control, land measurement, crop yield estimation and farm mechanisation.
- Ability to improve crop yield, quality of seed and nutritional value of crops.
- Knowledge of how to counter the effect of pests or changes in soil, weather and climate on crop production.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to apply technical knowledge.
- Fluent English and ability to communicate effectively across different levels.
- Effective leadership and ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills, solid planning and organisational skill including keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in use of computer software.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as an attachment to: email@example.com using “Application for the Post of Agricultural Economist / Profit Centre Officer – JKH” as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.