Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Account and Finance Officer
Industry: Financial Services
- The job holder is responsible for contributing to the successful execution of key strategic financial initiatives. He/ She will produce financial reports, manage investment activities, create and execute strategies plans for the long-term financial goals of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Alan & GrantAlan & GrantOversee all financial, project/program, and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for international and domestic governmental agencies, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Oversee all audit and internal control activities.
- Oversee proper filing of tax returns
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Develop appropriate investment strategies and oversee their implementation
- Participate in overseeing the preparation of the annual budget of all entities in the company, including conducting budget reviews to ensure relevance and ease of interpretation of the budgets for management decision making.
- Contribute to the monitoring of business performance against agreed plans, targets and budgets, partnering with the MD, CFO and Executive team of the different entities to identify and take timely and appropriate actions to address performance issues and/or capitalize on opportunities.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness of the company’s policies, procedures, processes and systems in facilitating the achievement of the business strategy.
- Track the implementation of the Finance functions’ strategy, ensuring alignment with the company’s corporate strategy and business goals.
- Manage the periodic benchmarking of the company’s performance against competitors.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years cognate experience. Experience should typically be in credit/marketing, relationship management, treasury sales, private banking and funds management functions in the banking sector.
In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and relevant financial management software.
- Excellent ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online