Position: Intern and Project Management
Program/Department : Cities
Location: Porto Alegre/RS
WRI Brasil is looking for a student to work in the Project Management sector in the Cities Program , who will assist in all activities related to the department .
Main activities and/or responsibilities:
- Work in the Project Management Office (PMO), providing support to Project Coordinators and Managers;
- Assist in the construction and periodic updating of documents, spreadsheets and presentations related to the company’s project portfolio;
- Assist in communication with project teams, participate in project meetings ( Planning , Status Report , Risk Management , Lessons Learned )
- Assist in the implementation of new processes and tools for improvements in the PMO;
- Know and practice the guidelines of the company’s Integrated Management Policy, committing to carry out the activities of your position in accordance with current procedures and programs; contributing to achieving the defined objectives and goals and collaborating with the fulfillment of the requirements of the organization’s management system and its effectiveness
- Studying between the 5th and 7th semester of an undergraduate degree in Business Administration , Information Systems, Management Processes , Project Management and/ or related areas ;
- Technical skills : proficiency in the Office package , advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, compilation and organization of project management data , good written communication , experience in project monitoring routines (creation, control and organization of online files );
- Behavioral skills : Focus and be very organized, proactive , practical, interpersonal communication skills , ability to analyze and synthesize, ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and meet deadlines;
- Intermediate English : Reading , Comprehension of Text Writing . _ _ _ _
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform package , specifically the Power BI tool (Building Dashboards and manipulating data tables);
- Knowledge of good Project Management practices ( Traditional or Agile Model );
- Knowledge of using the ASANA Schedule tool or any other similar tool ( Ex : Monday , ProjectLibre , Microsoft Project).
Grant and Benefits
WRI Brasil offers a stipend for 30 hours/week.
- Transportation assistance
- Meal/food voucher on the Caju Card
- 13th scholarship proportional to the month of admission
- Birthday Day Off
- Life insurance
- Hybrid work model
- Recess between Christmas and New Year
Promotion of Diversity
WRI Brasil seeks to incorporate diversity into its actions and projects. Therefore, if you wish, indicate in your cover letter information that you deem relevant for consideration in your candidacy, including, but not limited to: race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, regional origin, ties to traditional populations, physical disability or specific need.
Contracting Type :
Temporary position , full time ( 30 hours/week)
The institution also offers all employees access to the Learn WRI Platform, which offers training on various topics, including language training for various levels.
The position will be based in the Porto Alegre office ( Independência neighborhood ).
How to sign up
Qualified candidates must apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs/ by December 22 , 2023 . All applications must be submitted to the WRI career portal in order to be considered for the WRI Brasil selection process.
About WRI _
The World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the connection between environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to ensure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities and the ocean.
We are in love. We value our diversity of interests, skills and experiences. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal of catalyzing change that will improve people’s lives. Our shared ideals are at the heart of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is to provide high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s biggest environmental and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create local change. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop innovative ideas and scale-up solutions for lasting, far-reaching impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our team has doubled in size in the last 5 years and our operating budget is $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global team of more than 1,000 people, working in 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to promoting gender and social equality for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
The World Resources Institute ( http://www.wri.org ) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, identity gender, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a diverse team – with respect to race, gender, culture and international background. Diverse perspectives and experiences enhance the way WRI selects and addresses issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI research and policy analysis. WRI therefore encourages applications from U.S. minorities, people from other countries (especially developing nations), and women of all backgrounds.
Find out more about our organization at wri.org – wribrasil.org
São Paulo: +55 11 3032-1120 – Rua Claudio Soares, 72/1510, Pinheiros, 05422-030 SP
Porto Alegre: +55 51 3312-6324 – Av. Independência, 1299/401, 90035-077 RS
Wribrasil.org – https://www.facebook.com/wribrasil