It is good news for Jambites as JAMB Registration Portal 2022 Opens! The 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) examination as the dates and schedule for Jamb Registration 2022 has been announced and the portal opens soon. In the meantime, we bring you useful pre-information on dates and steps you need to follow to register. –
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had announced that registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and the Direct Entry (DE) will take place in 700 Computer-Based Test (CBT) centres nationwide will commence by February 19, 2022. Here, you will be able to learn about the registration fees, how to register and the 2022 examination time table. Jamb portal can be accessed via www.jamb.gov.ng both for enrolment processes and exam-related information.
“The commencement of the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, and Direct Entry, DE, registration exercise earlier scheduled for Saturday, February 12, 2022, has now been postponed to Saturday, February 19, 2022, to end on Saturday, March 26, 2022.”
“The one-week postponement is to allow for more fine-tuning of the upgraded and more user-friendly procedures for candidates’ registration”
JAMB 2022/2023 Registration and Exam Dates
The schedule for the 2022/2023 Jamb Registration and examination are as follows;
- UTME/DE registration starts 19th February 2022 and ends 26th March 2022.
- 2022 UTME will be held from Friday 6th May to Monday 16th May 2022
- Mock exercise is slated to hold on 16th April 2022
- These dates of registration, mock and UTME exams have been confirmed and should be noted down.
To know your exact examination date and center, you will be required to reprint your JAMB slip at some points within the registration process
Meanwhile, it is important to quickly point out that it is now compulsory for applicants to supply their National Identity Number (NIN) before they can register for the 2022 JAMB examinations.
Jamb Portal | Registration Fees
The registration fees for JAMB 2022 registration is #3,500* (three thousand, five hundred naira) for both UTME and DE candidates while the approved CBT service charge is #700* (seven hundred naira). …[*please note that these amounts are 2021 rates, new rates will be updated soon]
How to Register
To register for the 2022 JAMB examination, follow the simple steps below. Note that you will also need to visit any of the accredited JAMB registration centres to fill and complete the online registration form.
- Get your NIN Ready: It is now compulsory that you get your National Identification Number before you proceed to register for the 2022 UTME.
- Create your Jamb Profile: The easiest way is to use the Jamb USSD code. Simply dial *55019*NIN# or *66019*NIN# and send to generate your 10-digit unique profile code. Alternatively, visit portal.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility and click on the ‘Sign up for UTME/DE’ button to create your Jamb profile. It is compulsory to register your Jamb profile before you buy the 2022 registration form (e-PIN).
- Get Ready an E-mail Account: At first, you might not need an email but subsequently it is important that you have a valid email address for the purpose of communication with Jamb on the examination exam. JAMB recommends Gmail for quick delivery and alternatively Yahoo mail. You may also need this to access JAMB portal.
- Check Jamb iBass: According to Jamb, it is recommended that you check your eligibility before you proceed to register for the 2022 UTME examination.
- Purchase an e-PIN: With your 10-digit unique profile code, you can proceed buy your Jamb 2022 e-PIN online, or at participating bank nationwide (see list below) and other selling points.
- Visit Accredited CBT Centre: Proceed to any accredited CBT centres with your personal details, Jamb profile and e-PIN or Code to complete your registration.
Jamb e-PIN Selling Points
Candidates can approach or use any of the underlisted selling points to puchase their e-Pin.
- NIPOST: Check with post offices nationwide
- Participating Commercial Banks: (ACCESS, ECOBANK, FIRSTBANK, FCMB, FIDELITY, JAIZ, SKYE, STERLING, UNION, UNITY and ZENITH)
- Mobile Money Operators: Paga, e-Tranzact (PocketMoni), TEASYPay and Packway Projects (Readycash)
- Participating Micro Finance Banks: FUD MFB (Dutse) and Regent MFB (Abuja)
- Online Payment Platforms: SystemSpecs (Remita) and InterSwitch (Quickteller) POS (Citi-Serve)
- ATMs: Use the ATMs of banks listed above (InterSwitch)
- USSD: (NIBSS & ERCAS) for mobile banking
- Embassy: Nigerian Embassies in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Buea, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg and London
*The email account creation is no longer the first step, rather you will Dial *55019*1*NIN# to generate your profile code for JAMB registration.
Good luck with your registration and the examination!
You can Sign Up to get updates on the registration and similar opportunities.