The University of Sydney is accepting applications for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Paleogeography. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The award aims to support students who want to apply for the PhD degree programme in Australia. This scholarship is partially funded through a Research agreement with BHP Billiton Petroleum (Deepwater) Inc and the University of Sydney and partially by the School of Geosciences, Faculty of Science.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Fabulous chance to become a part of this PhD scholarship programme in Australia.
0 (0 votes)
The University of Sydney is a public research university that believes in equal access to education and leadership that enhances the lives of those it serves. It is ranked 27th among the world’s best universities.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? While studying at this university, you have access to a wealth of career counselling services and resources to help you land the greatest job possible when you finish your degree.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 28 March 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: $30,000 p.a.
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a PhD in Paleogeography
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have applied and been accepted full-time in a PhD at the Faculty of Medicine and Health of the University of Sydney.
- Be an international student
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of admission in a full-time PhD at the Faculty of Science
- Be willing to research paleogeography with a strong computational background
- Hold an honours degree (first-class or second class upper) or a master’s degree with a substantial research component in geology, geophysics or earth sciences
- Have a background in geology, geophysics, or earth sciences and computational skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to log in to the student portal of the university to carry out the application process. Candidates can apply for the scholarship here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Statement of purpose
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Bachelor degree certificate
- Master degree certificate
- Cover letter
- Personal statement
- Financial statement
- Admission Requirements: Students must have relevant skills, interests, and qualifications to be admitted to a PhD research programme at the University of Sydney.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic
- Test of English as a Foreign Language: internet-based (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced (formerly CAE) and Cambridge English C2 Proficiency (formerly CPE)
The University of Sydney will provide a $30,000 p.a. stipend and course fees (up to 3.5 years) to the selected applicants towards the applied PhD programme.