Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Second Level Support
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: Group Core Operations
- The Head, B2B support role balances customer support strategy with delivery and champions for people management, performance management, and enabling excellence in customer support delivery within the B2B space, upholding a consumer-centric focus and mindset of surpassing departmental expectations.
- The role is responsible for promoting organizational values.
- Open Minded Collaboration
- Customer Success
- Empowered People
- Innovation Excellence
- Ethical Conduct
- Manage the activities of the team to ensure the smooth implementation of operational plans and realization of service level targets
- Manage cross-functional relationships with interfacing/support departments and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with quality and service delivery standards.
- Design and implement strategies geared towards improving the team (e.g., Interaction segregation to manage ticket volumes and facilitate speedy resolutions of queries).
- Conduct periodic procedural audits of Customer Support operations to ensure an efficient delivery service.
- Assist in continuously reviewing business processes, making recommendations for improvement, and implementing approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Recommend & implement tactical initiatives to improve service efficiencies & enhancements.
Incident Management & Problems Requests:
- Achieve increased productivity and minimize disruptions through the quick resolution of user queries during high severity incidents
- Act as an escalation point where difficult or controversial calls/cases are received.
- Raise and work with other heads of units on resolving reoccurring incidents/requests.
Broad Product/Service Understanding:
- Basic knowledge of transaction processing services, settlement, dispute, reporting and incident management process.
- Understand how customers use these services to support them appropriately.
- Basic knowledge of Postillion S1 Portal (Transaction Query transaction identification and transaction troubleshooting).
- Keeps abreast of changing and new products or services.
Continual Service Improvement:
- Supports specific activities and align individual expectations to improve process efficiencies and process optimization
- Think outside the box to solve persisting platform/process/people challenges by doing all that can be done to create and implement a lasting solution.
- Maintain and improve Customer support operations by the monitoring system, preparing and completing action plans and system and process improvement.
- Assist in developing and implementing performance management and continuous improvement against established key performance indicators.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Take interest and contribute to the development of your team member’s capabilities to meet team goals and objectives. They are the currency to achieving your team’s objectives.
- On-time performance delivery, ownership, and accountability for quality outcomes.
Education and Experience
- A tertiary qualification (e.g. related to Information Technology) and/ or equivalent experience
- ITIL V4 Foundations Certification (not mandatory but an added advantage)
- Other qualifications are not mandatory but recognized
Experience (Number of relevant years):
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing customer service delivery teams within a technology environment.
- Proven work experience as a supervisor or manager
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online