The Skills Outside School Foundation is the leading African education, employability and entrepreneurship organization with a vision for a productive human capital driving transformational socio-economic development globally through our core pillars- interventions, data and advocacy over the last 8 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Interventions
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Chief Executive Officer
Duration of Role: 12 Months (Renewable)
Estimated Hours Per Week : 40 Hours (Minimum)
- The Head of Interventions will be responsible for organizing programs and activities, managing delivery and coordinating with internal and external staff, lead project delivery and providing overall leadership in the design and delivery of SOSF programs.
- The Head of Interventions’ overarching focus is to position SOSF to achieve its mandate.
- The specific areas of focus include: strategy, grant management & fundraising, stakeholder management including the board, and guiding programmatic delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities for the position include:
Program andGrant Administration
- Overall monitoring on grants/programs for both external/donor requirements and SOSF internal policies and requirements.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of the status of programs and complete regular check-ins on grant requirements.
- Rationalize the delivery of programs through new and existing partnerships
- Guide design and development of new component programs
- Ensure appropriate measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
- Support team’s adherence to internal policies and Program management standards.
- Overall responsibility for Grant sourcing with the assistance of Program Officers
- Lead coordination for grant identification, grant matrix population and proposal writing, monitor the timeline, status of proposal and communicate to the relevant parties as appropriate.
- Review final draft for coherence and manage submission to the donor.
- Ensure that the flow of funds permits SOSF to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential
- In collaboration with the Head of corporate services, fundraise as appropriate to achieve the objectives and strategic plans of SOSF
Partnership Development and Management:
- Coordinate partnership negotiation & development, ensuring necessary teams are engaged to help further program, country and regional interests.
- Exercise collaborative efforts with other social service organizations, NGOs, companies, institutions and governments to develop and expand services that benefit our clients, beneficiaries and the community
- Develop and preserve relationships with foundations, trusts, companies, organizations, and individuals who could become donors or funding sources or partners
- Represent SOSF interests and programs with external stakeholders, in concert with the respective relevant teams.
- Strategy, Planning & Learning
- Support team with strategy development and planning and visit program activities to support facilitation of the process as requested.
- Provide strategic guidance for program, stakeholder management and talent management
- Conduct origination, business development and new opportunity mapping Including expansion into new states
- Expand the SOSF strategic partnerships and maintain the existing ones
- Manage grant database and stakeholders’ database
- Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to standards guiding our work
- Chief Executive Officer
- Other units and departments, including Admin, HR and Finance, Legal and Corporate Secretariat, Media and Communications and Data and Research.
Key Skills and Competencies
The Head of Interventions should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Program Management: Understand program design and implementation.
- Strategic Management: Understand the formulation and implementation of goals and initiatives for organization benefits.
- Stakeholders Management: Establish system and matrices for effective stakeholders’ management.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization particularly with current partners and sponsors; Command a professional image.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundations’ mission, program objectives with relevant stakeholders.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization; Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, Monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of activities and to complete them in a timely manner; deadline driven, and able to manage multiple projects and engagements simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills
- Self-Management: Is self-directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility.
- A University Degree in Project management, business administration, business management, law or a related field of study
- A Masters’ Degree or a certification in business management, Project Management, Human Resources Management is an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs)
Required Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a managerial position
- Prior experience in a strategy-based position
- Prior experience working in a not-for-profit or in the not-for-profit space
- Prior experience in a program-related role
Recommended Prior Experience:
- Prior experience in the education or employability sector
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the Mail.