Dornier Aviation Nigeria AIEP Limited is a recognized industry operator in private aircraft charter, FBO services, aircraft management and maintenance. With over 30 years of experience, we have a unique insight into key areas of aviation and have maintained an unsurpassed reputation for professional service, product knowledge and commitment to complete customer satisfaction within Nigeria and the African sub region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Financial Controller oversees the company’s finances, including directing and managing, as well as providing financial oversight for the organization.
- She/he will be responsible for the entire range of financial management, from daily operations to high level management.
- Verifying profitability and liquidity positions.
- Verifying capital cash balance.
- Cash management.
- Institutionalization of sound fiscal discipline.
- To ensure optimization of cost, maximization of revenue and shareholders’ wealth and interest.
- The financial controller shall guarantee efficient functioning and documentation of all financial systems including receipts, disbursements, billings, bookkeeping, budgeting and accounting.
- To improve on the internal Finance and Accounts process.
- To embed financial discipline in the internal financial process.
- To ensure prudence in all company transactions.
- The establishment and conduct of monthly performance review of company activities.
- Continuous analysis, interpretation and reporting of various cost elements and revenue composition of the company for effective, reliable, sound and timely decision-making.
- He/she is to serve, create and maintain excellent financial controls, policies and procedures according to the international accounting standards (IAS).
- To ensure integrity in data production and good investment decision.
- He/she is to prepare financial reports to coordinate the annual external audit of the company and serve as primary contact for external auditors.
- To inculcate synergy within the accounting system of the company.
- He/she is to work closely with the Board of Directors and serve as an intermediary to the Board.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Work with the management team on viable business ventures.
- The financial controller must work hand in hand with the Managing Director in the discharge of his/her duties.
- Streamline and simplify every part of business process and improve collaboration across all organization’s operating units.
- Enable the reviewing of business-critical information in real time.
- Easily adapt to changing business requirements and standards.
- Offer a modern and intuitive user experience.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting.
- Professional Qualification such as: ICAN/ACCA, M.SC/MBA, FCA.
- Any other additional Certification/Membership in an accredited and recognized institution would be an added advantage.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller.
- 10 years and above cognate experience in Finance and Accounting management.
- Must possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of the IAS’s and GAAP.
- Strong leadership qualities and people management skills.
- Proficiency in the production of Charts, Graphs and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office tools excellently.
- Innovative and progressive thought process.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Aviation, Maritime industry or equivalent operational and technical experience is highly recommended.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.