Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Energy Policy Analyst
Job Code: 6.1.07
- Within the Secretariat, the Environmental Matters Department monitors, analyzes, reports and advises on developments pertaining to the international debate on energy policies, climate change, and sustainable development and contributes to the close coordination of Member Country positions on these matters.
- This entails: monitoring and analyzing international debates and developments on energy policies, environmental matters, climate change, sustainable development and trade; gathering and analyzing data and information in these fields; contributing to coordination among Member Countries and participating in relevant multilateral fora and discussions; and building up OPEC’s networks with national, regional and multilateral organizations.
- It elaborates OPEC Long Term Strategy and monitors, analyzes and reports on relevant international, national and regional policies on environmental matters, and assessing their impacts on energy markets.
Objective of Position
- The Energy Policy Analyst studies, analyzes and reports on pertinent energy policies, institutions and regulations in consuming and producing countries and regions, assessing the impact of energy policies on expected oil supply/demand levels for the medium to long term. To contribute to the World Oil Outlook (WOO).
- Studies, analyses reports contributes to the World Oil Outlook on major trends in energy policies of major oil consuming and producing countries and regions
- Carries out studies on the impact of major energy policy developments
- Analyzes the evolution of institutions and regulatory regimes conducive to collective action in the field of energy industries
- Examines the changing pattern of geopolitics of energy and security of energy supply and demand
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University Degree in Economics, International Relations or Engineering
- Advanced degree preferred
- University degree: 8 years
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Economic analysis
- Energy policy analysis
- Knowledge of oil market developments
- Communication skills
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head, Environmental Matters Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in an Application Form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Adedapo Odulaja,
Governor for OPEC,
Office of the Minister of Petroleum Resources,
Block D, 11th Floor, NNPC Towers, Herbert Macauley Way,
Central Business District,
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click Here for More Information