Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy HR Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
General Objective / Summary
- Under the supervision of the HR Coordinator, the Deputy HR Coordinator ensures the human resources management of the Coordination office and provides technical support to both bases. S/he works with the HR coordinator to ensure that all HR policies and processes followed at mission level are in compliance with the PUI and donors procedures and National and local regulations.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Internal Staff Regulations:
- Participate with the HR Coordinator in drawing up and suggesting possible updates to the HR policy for procedures and tools, regarding recruitment, payment, administrative management, disciplinary issues and the management of individual career path within the organization
- Guarantee with the HR Coordinator, the implementation and application of the policy, once validated by the Head of Mission and Head Office, and consequently ensure the dissemination of any new policies, and ensure that these rules and procedures are known, understood and implemented by the HR team and that the latter have all the tools for applying them at their disposal
- In collaboration with the HR coordinator, take part in the update or amendment of the internal regulations
Administration, Management and Career Path Management:
- With the support of the HR Coordinator, work on clear integration plans and on comprehensive capacity building plan
- Validate by delegation of the HR Coordinator, recruitment requests and amendments to contracts (job description,payments, working hours, ending date, etc.)
- By delegation of the HR Coordinator, review and validate employment contracts that are drafted by the HR team and sent to Coordination for signature
- Ensure that administrative personnel files are created and ensure that employee documents are in accordancewith PUI policies and donors requirements
- Participate to the organization of the recruitments for the admin team and may support the recruitments for other departments/bases, and key strategic positions on the field.
- Responsible for the induction process in coordination with the HR Coordinator, and create any possible support process for integrating new employees;
- Support the HR Coordinator in updating the salary grid (fixed and variable terms), outline the associated benefits package (compulsory or otherwise: medical cover, daily allowances, insurance, transport allowances, etc.), and ensure these are implemented, subject to validation by the Head of Mission.;
- By delegation of the HR Coordinator, validate the monthly payroll of the mission
- Contribute to the optimization of HR, administration and payroll tools and procedures
- By delegation of the HR Coordinator, monitor the correct progress of assessment and appraisal procedures for all employees of the mission
- Support in identifying training needs and work to organize or plan trainings
- Participate in the recruitment process of the staff under his/her direct supervision
- Support the staff under his/her direct management in the fulfilment of their duties
- Provide training to the HR staff on the HR components in order to build their capacities
- Ensure team building among the team
- – Conduct appraisals every six months for the staff under her/his supervision
Organization of Work:
- Assist in drawing up organizational charts, and be mindful of coherence in the composition of teams, in terms of task division and responsibilities, defining hierarchical and functional relationships, function titles, etc
- Take part in drawing up job descriptions and confirm these against the job categories table
- By delegation of the HR Coordinator support in validation of all job descriptions that are drafted on mission level
- Take part in outlining human resources requirements within the framework of drawing up project proposals and possible amendments.
Managing HR Risks:
- Ensure that HR management rules and procedures, are compliant to the current employment law, and monitor social and legal issues and report where necessary
- Participate in defining and implementing suitable working conditions particularly those concerning rules and regulations on health and safety
- With the HR Coordinator, monitor situations in order to anticipate and avert social conflicts and take part in crisis management, if necessary
- Be attentive for any risk or abuse of power (whether this is between local employees, or between an expatriate and local employees or any other type of abuse of power) and report any inappropriate behavior to the Head of Mission;
- Ensure staff understanding on PSEA policy and steps of reporting
- Responsible in coordination with the HR Coordinator for keeping records for all current and previous employees and update this information on paper and electronic files
Internal and External Communication and Representation:
- Ensure that information is circulated effectively between operational bases and the coordination office;
- Edit or take part in drafting internal activity reports for everything involving HR, administrative and legal issues for the mission
- Support the HR Coordinator in ensuring HR coordination at mission level (workshops, regular visits to the bases, monitoring, follow-up, training, etc.)
- By delegation of the HR Coordinator, internally, be the representative of PUI before any employee representation bodies, whether or not these are compulsory by law, in addition to being PUI’s representative for all personnel for any matters relating to human resources
- When requested, externally, represent PUI before any legal, or administrative authorities (employment inspectors, taxation authorities, social security/insurance payment collection bodies, etc.)
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations, particularly within the area of coordinating with NGOs as regards administration and human resources.
- Interested candidates should possess a First Degree / Master’s Degree in relevant fields with 3 – 10 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online