DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships: Applications are invited from foreign students and graduates for the DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships aimed at deepening the knowledge of German language and regional studies.
The scholarships in Germany provides funding for participation in language, regional studies and technical language courses in German higher institutions and language course providers affiliated with higher education institutions recognized by the Government.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarship Type: Full funding
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Germany
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates and graduates
Nationality: International Students
DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the DAAD Scholarships, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Students in Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes of all disciplines.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two university years at the start of the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
- Applicants must be available to take up the scholarship and participate fully in the courses during the entire duration of the scholarship.
- One-time scholarship payment of 1,061 euros; scholarship holders from the least developed countries receive a scholarship in the amount of 1,236 euros.
- Travel allowance.
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships are to visit the application portal, download and complete the online application form.
Applicants will be required to:
- Scan paper documents and save in PDF format.
- Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable should be uploaded together with the documents issued in the original language.
- Online application form
- Complete curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- Copy of the graduation certificate (for Bachelor’s students) or copy of the Bachelor’s degree certificate from the university (for Master’s students) with indication of the final grade(s), if available (with German or English translation).
- Performance records of the last two years in German or English
- Language certificates (with German or English translation, if applicable)
- Other documents that you consider important for your application, if necessary with German or English translation (e.g. proof of internships, certificates of employment).
Application Deadline: 1st December 2021