Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI), established in 2018, is registered as an NGO with Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. We have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance. We are currently implementing the ECW-MYRP Project. Our approach is aligned with our mission to enhance services delivery and empower citizens envisioning a world where people in the most remote areas of the globe can have access to the basic needs of life. With values around Integrity, Partnership, result-based and sustainability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Officer
Locations: Michika – Adamawa & Bama, Ngala and Gwoza – Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Slot: 4 Openings
Duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Education Manager
Start Date: Immediately
- This position main task is to monitor the implementation of educational activities of CATAI in schools and within the community of project implementation.
- S/he works under the supervision of the Education Manager.
- The Community engagement officer supervises the work of incentive teachers and volunteers, including their capacity building.
- S/he is responsible for the quality and safeness of activities delivered in schools under his/her supervision, according to the mandate, commitments, and standards of the project. This position is a project based full-time.
- Liaises and interacts regularly with children and youth, parents, teachers and the community in order to promote understanding and acceptance of CATAI Education activities.
- Promotes awareness on Education issues within the community and disseminates means to raise concerns and feedback.
- Supervises teachers and coordinates volunteer teachers in order to ensure effective, safe, stimulating and quality implementation of formal and non-formal educational activities.
- Monitors and ensures incentive teachers on the job, as well as build a respectful and non-stressful environment for children and the community.
- Prepare activity schedule and monitor compliance under the supervision of the line manager.
- S/he is supporting rehabilitation and distribution to schools’ activities, by analyzing needs, proposing tailored intervention, leading assessment and surveys.
- In collaboration with, and under supervision of the Community Engagement Manager, proposes education and outreach activities and planning, according to expressed needs by educational staff, including headmasters, teachers, and Departments of Education (DoE), as well as children’s wishes and needs.
- S/he ensures punctual implementation and follows up of data collection, s/he is in charge of ensuring proficient utilization of education databases and ensures volunteers.
- S/he in identifying capacity building needs among educational staff, the community, and other professionals relating to child protection and positive discipline in schools; including the identification of possible training participants and/or focal points.
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or a relevant field.
- At least 1 year of progressively responsible experience in education, case management or other related area, with a minimum of 1 year work experience with NGOs.
- Understanding of Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Experience in facilitating activities with children, youth, parents and the community.
- Good command of English is essential, basic Hausa and Kanuri is of added value.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Good facilitation and capacity building skills.
- Analytical and computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Languages Required: English.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) operates in an equal opportunity environment and has policies that encourage gender equality, diversity and social inclusion, child safeguarding, adolescent and youth initiatives, PSEA, GBV, VAC and anti fraud.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- CATAI does not charge fee to facilitate any recruitment process.