Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant (Procurement and Logistics)
Job Identification 1638
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Supply Chain
Contract Lenght: Till December 2023
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Scope of the Role:
- Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
- Staff reporting to this post: 2
- Role Dimensions: Relationships, communication with stakeholders
Key Areas of Accountability
- Manage procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, manual, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market.
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and supply chain support functions, identify problems in operations and propose solutions.
- Monitor procurement and supply chain support costs in liaison with the Finance unit to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets.
- Reconcile supplier invoices with Finance unit using the invoice
- Monitor procurement KPIs and SCEs for Kogi FO.
- The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of vehicle fleet, assets, communications and procurement processes to ensure effective, transparent and accountable Supply Chain support to the Save the Children Programs in Kogi.
- The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for the supervision of Drivers and assigning Driver for each vehicle and travel request.
- Ensure that SCI and Hired vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fueling.
- Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement plan.
Inventory and Warehouse Management:
- Receive commodities and/or items in good condition using Good Warehousing Practice.
- Count and record the goods received with appropriate documentation
- Conduct quality checks in receiving goods into the warehouse.
- Supervise loading and offloading of delivery and distribution trucks
- Ensure proper storage of commodities in shelves or pallets not to exceed maximum stack heights
- Ensure proper warehousing of the goods received or items by type, shipment and FEFO.
- Keep the warehouse neat and clean.
- Ensure pest control is in place and is monitored on a daily basis
- Update warehouse operation data into the Warehouse management software (TIM)
- Ensure proper stock inventory management and documentations.
- Preparation of weekly / monthly consumption report
- Check and maintain Store security measures, e.g. locks, windows, and maintain SCI key management policy.
- Report to the line manager / security responsible in case of problems
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of all assets using an asset register and recording all asset movements and disposals.
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Report any defective communication equipment or service and check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs.
- Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost effective. Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Field Team Lead or Abuja IT Department.
Communication and Security:
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use
- Report all security incidents in writing in a timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all Supply Chain files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner; develop shared electronic and manual files to ensure easy access to information.
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers any other Supply Chain support staff by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Produce Supply Chain site report, stock status report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update Asset Register and send to capital office every month
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to capital office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager.
- Attend to other duties assigned by line manager or designate.
- Ensure that stakeholders and suppliers that we work with comply with SCI safeguarding policies.
- Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Management, Engineering and other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience and preferably with some experience in the iNGO space.
- People management skills.
- Professional supply chain qualifications.
- Experience with SAP/ ERP platforms and MS Office applications.
- Computer savvy.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to prioritize own workload, work independently, be pro-active, innovative, and work to timelines.
- Proficient in computer skills with an excellent working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
- Supply Chain management experience
- Thorough understanding of standard procurement and logistics rules and guidelines.
- Good interpersonal and team skills.
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work systematically, effectively, and accurately.
- Ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and honour commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- An understanding of Nigeria local laws and other compliance regulations.
- Ability to navigate new technologies easily.
- Knowledge of ProSave and other SAP/ ERP platforms.
- Experience working in a multi donor environment is considered an advantage.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2023; 9:15 AM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online