Are you an African citizen involved in addressing and solving governance and development challenges across the continent? Do you have what it takes to strengthen democratic processes? Then apply for the African Union Civic Tech Fund 2022.
The Fund is a pan-African competition that aims to accelerate innovative civic tech initiatives that have the potential to lead to citizen-led transformative action across the African continent. The financial support to be awarded to each initiative will range from EUR 10,000 to EUR 20,000.
African Union Civic Tech Fund 2022 | DETAILS
The Civic Tech Fund will provide several support packages to include financial support (EUR 10,000 to EUR 20,000 per recipient); Technical support by providing embedded technical expertise through the engagement of civic tech specialists; thematic support; marketing, communication & showcasing support; peer-to-peer learning & networking.
To be eligible for the African Union Civic Tech Fund, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a not-for-profit and for-profit organisations acting within the civic space & the civic tech ecosystem.
- The organization must be a legal entity and be registered in an African Union Member State.
- Must be able to sign a service contract agreement.
- The organization must not be bankrupt.
- The organization must not have been the subject of a judgment for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other illegal activity.
- The organization must not have received an adverse audit opinion, either by its own auditors or its donor’s auditors.
- The organization can demonstrate how the intervention supported through the Fund will be sustained.
- The organization can already show evidence of the impact of their work and can indicate how additional resources will increase their impact.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible organisations for the African Union Civic Tech Fund are to complete an online application form by the application deadline. Only applications submitted via the online application form will be considered.
Application Deadline: 16 January 2022