CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme: Applications are invited from international students for the 2022 CERN Openlab Summer Programme to be hosted in Geneva, Switzerland. The programme is open to Bachelor or Master’s degree students who is Information technology (IT) savvy.
CERN provides the platform for the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers to study the fundamental structure of the universe. The professional at CERN enjoy the opportunity to share their knowledge and expertise with researchers and students with strong passion and commitment to their field of study.
Program Type: Student Internship
Program Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Program Duration: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Available Slot: Several
Nationality: International students
CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Internship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Be a bachelor or master student (not PhD) with a strong computing profile and will have completed, by summer 2022, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- Must remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during European summer 2022 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- Must not have worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or other status) for more than 3 months and have not have previously been a Summer Student at CERN.
- Possess a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association of 9 weeks to work on an advanced IT project.
- An extensive IT lecture programme. Students will also be able to attend the CERN generic summer student lecture programme if they wish.
- A 90 CHF per calendar day (net of tax) subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
- Applicants will be given travel allowance on a lump sum basis paid at the end of their stay to help with the cost of travel between Geneva and applicant’s residence at the time of application.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (contribution is already deducted from the daily allowance).
- Applicants will be offered assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme are to submit their CV in either English or French language properly labelled in PDF format. Applicants are also to submit a copy of their most recent academic transcript giving an overview of grades obtained and also send two recent reference letters.
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2022